Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 2 of Paws To Read!
June 16-20th

Tiny Tales - Birth-23 months old
This week we're talking about Cats! We read the book, The Black Cat by Richard Powell as part of our program.

I Have Fur - Action Rhyme
I have fun upon my back (pat back)
I have whiskers just like that (trace whiskers on cheeks)
I have ears - I flick them twice (hold up 2 fingers for ears)
I have paws for catching mice! (clap hands when you say "catching")

To continue the fun at home, say the Three Little Kittens rhyme with your little one.  You can find the traditional poem here: http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/176347


Wiggles n' Giggles - 9-23 months old
This week we are moving and grooving.  We read I Can, Can You? by Marjorie Pfitzer.

We Can
We can jump, jump, jump,
We can hop, hop, hop.
We can clap, clap, clap,
We can stop, stop, stop.
We can nod our heads for yes,
We can shake our heads for no.
We can bend our knees a tiny bit,
And sit down low.

To continue the fun, look into listening to a CD with some traditional nursery rhymes to share with your little one!

Puppy Dog Tales -Age 2-Kindergarten
We read the books Animals on Parade by Jack Prelutsky and the flannel story Little White Duck.

Old MacDonald’s Pets
 Old MacDonald had a (DOG) E-I-E-I-O
(And on that dog, there were some paws) E-I-E-I-O
With a (dig, dig) here
And a (dig, dig) there 
Here a (dig), there a (dig)
Everywhere a (dig, dig)
Old MacDonald had a (DOG) E-I-E-I-O

Old MacDonald had a (FISH) E-I-E-I-O
(And on that fish, there were some fins) E-I-E-I-O
With a (swim, swim) here
And a (swim, swim) there
Here a (swim), there a (swim)
Everywhere a (swim, swim)
Old MacDonald had a (FISH) E-I-E-I-O

Continue the fun at home by talking some more about ducks!  If you have a chance, go down to the Fox River to watch the ducks in their natural environment!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!