Thursday, June 26, 2014


Week 3 - Paws To Read Summer Programs!
June 23-27th

Tiny Tales - Birth-23 months old
This week we are talking about dogs!  We had fun reading the book Where's Spot? by Eric Hill.  

My Pet Dog, Rover - Action Rhyme
This is Rover's dog house and (make teepee with fingertips touching)
And this is Rover's bed. (lay one hand on top of the other)
This is the bowl that hold his water, (cut hands)
And other good things he's fed.
This is the collar that goes round his neck (make circle, thumbs and index fingers touching)
All bright shiny and new.
This is his ball - just five it a toss (cup hand and "throw" ball)
And he'll bring it right back to you. (reach down to retrieve ball)

To continue the fun at home, play act "pets" with your little one!


Wiggles n' Giggles - 9-23 months old
We are talking about kittens this week!  We read the book That's Not my Kitten! by Fiona Watt.

Soft Kitty
Soft kitty,
Warm kitty,
Little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr

If you know someone with a cat, visit them and talk about how to gently pet the kitty!


Puppy Dog Tales -Age 2-Kindergarten
This week we are talking about Frogs.  We read the book What Hops? by Katie Davis.

We are adding on to our Old MacDonald rhyme each week....here is this week's verse!


1)Old MacDonald had a (DOG) E-I-E-I-O                              2)   Old MacDonald had a (FISH) E-I-E-I-O
   (And on that dog, there were some paws) E-I-E-I-O     (And on that fish, there were some fins) E-I-E-I-O
    With a (dig, dig) here                                                                  With a (swim, swim) here
    And a (dig, dig) there                                                                 And a (swim, swim) there
    Here a (dig), there a (dig)                                                         Here a (swim), there a (swim)
    Everywhere a (dig, dig)                                                             Everywhere a (swim, swim)
    Old MacDonald had a (DOG) E-I-E-I-O                                  Old MacDonald had a (FISH) E-I-E-I-O

3) Old MacDonald had a (TURTLE) E-I-E-I-O
    (And on that turtle, there was a shell) E-I-E-I-O
    With a (hide, hide) here
    And a (hide, hide) there
    Here a (hide), there a (hide)
    Everywhere a (hide, hide)

    Old MacDonald had a (TURTLE) E-I-E-I-O       

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!