Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week 6 - Paws to Read Summer Programs!
July 14th-18th

Tiny Tales - Birth-23 Months
This week we are talking about Bears!  We read the book Teddy Bears, Teddy Bears by Harriet Zinfried.

Rhyme: My Bear (using stick bear puppets)
My bear is looking all around.
My bear is sniffing at the ground.
My bear is looking at my toes.
My bear can kiss me on the nose.
My bear can whisper in my ear.
What's he saying? Can you hear?
My bear can hide behind me,
But wherever I go, my bear can surely find me.

Continue the fun at home by saying the rhyme above using a teddy bear with your baby.  

Wiggles n Giggles - 9 Months- 23 Months
This week we are talking about Bugs!  We enjoyed reading I Like Bugs by Lorena Siminovich and Who is in the Garden? by Phillis Gershator.

Rhyme: Here is A Bee Hive
Here is a bee hive, (Make fist with one hand)
But where are all the bees? (Palm of other hand up)
They're hiding inside, (point to fist)
Where nobody sees.  (Shake head)
Watch them come out of the hive,
1-2-3-4-5, (Unfold fingers to count)
Buzzzzz!  (Fly fingers around)

If you can, visit a local butterfly garden.  It's a wonderful way to experience bugs for everyone!  Brookfield Zoo has one during the Summer and down in Geneva, Peck Farm has a butterfly house to visit!

Puppy Dog Tales - Age 2- Kindergarten 
We met a new animal friend this week, a squirrel!  We also read the big book, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What do you See? by Bill Martin.

We added a new verse to our Old MacDonald song with our animal friend, the snake!
Old MacDonald had a Snake, E-I-E-I-O
And that snake, he has a tongue, E-I-E-I-O
With a hiss, hiss here
And a hiss, hiss, there
Here a hiss, there a hiss
Everywhere a hiss, hiss
Old MacDonald had a Snake, E-I-E-I-O!

For Puppy Dog Tales, we have been posting to YouTube our puppet show portion of our programs!  We have the first 3 weeks you can check out by clicking the links below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!