Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall I Programming - Week 5

Baby Rhyme Time
We're having more fun with our babies this week!  We read the books Peekaboo, Puppy! by Beth Hardwood and Baby, Boo! by Emma Dodd.  Continue to play the game "Peekaboo" with your baby at home.  It helps with the concept of object permanence (the idea that something is still there even if you can no longer see it). Try the game with yourselves or a favorite toy.

Rhyme: Peekaboo Baby
Look and see,
One, two, three,
Boo!  It's me!

Rhyme: I uncover My Eyes
I uncover my eyes, and what can I see?
I can see you and I can see me.
I can see my fingers, and I can see my toes.
I can see my tummy, but I can't see my nose!


Wonderful Ones
This week we read the books Hello Day! by Anita Lobel and Farm Kisses, a Bedtime Story by Maryianne Richmond. To extend at home, enjoy singing the song Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star with your little one at home before bedtime.

Rhyme: Stars
At night I see the twinkling stars (open & close hands)
And a great big smiling moon (circle arms over head)
My mommy tucks me into bed
And sings a good night tune (rocking motions with hands)
(Repeat with: My daddy tucks me into bed and sings a good night tune)

Rhyme: What do the Farm Animals Say?
(Tune: Mary Had a Little Lamb)
Little pigs say oink, oink, oink
Oink, oink, oink, oink, oink, oink,
Little pigs say oink, oink, oink, oink all day long.
(Repeat with Baby Cows say moo, moo, moo and Horses gallop all around - they gallop all day long.)


Wiggles 'n' Giggles - at our Rakow Branch
We are moving and grooving at Wiggles 'n' Giggle this week!  We read the books Talk to Me! by Wells and Baby Dance by Ann Taylor.  Check out Baby Rhymes for more fun at home with your baby!

Rhyme: A-Bouncing We Will go
A-bouncing we will go,
A-bouncing we will go,
High ho the derry-o
A-bouncing we will go.
(Continue with A-tickling and A-kissing)

Rhyme: Where is Baby? (Tune: Frere Jacques)
Where is baby? Where is baby?
There he is!  There he is!
I'm so glad to see you,
I'm so glad to see you,
Peek-a-boo!
Peek-a-boo!


Terrific Twos
This week we are talking all about Fall Leaves!  We read the book I Know it's Autum by Eileen Spinelli and Leaf Jumpers by Carol Gerber.  To easily continue the fun at home, play in the leaves outdoors!!

Rhyme: All the Leaves are Falling Down (Tune: London Bridge)
All the leaves are falling down, falling down, falling down (Imitate leaves falling down)
All the leaves are falling down, it is fall.
Take the rake and rake them up, rake them up, rake them up (Imitate raking leaves)
Take the rake and rake them up, it is fall.
Make a pile and stomp the leaves, stomp the leaves, stomp the leaves (Children stomp feet)
Make a pile and stomp the leaves, it is fall!

Rhyme:
One little, two little three little leaves,
four little, five little six little leaves,
seven little, eight little, nine little leaves,
ten little leaves falling down.
(Whoosh comes the wind)
Ten little, nine little, eight little leaves,
seven little, six little, five little leaves,
four little, three little, two little leaves,
one little leaf on the ground.


Story Mix
We are talking all about Birthdays this week!  We read the books Happy Birthday Mouse by Richard Fowler and The Birthday Pet by Ellen Javernick.  To extend this theme at home, reminisce with your preschooler about what they like best about their birthdays!

Rhyme: Blowing out the Candles
7 little candles look like sticks
Danny went "wh" then there were 6
6 little candles, let's look alive
Danny went "wh" then there were 5
5 little candles, not one more
Danny went "wh" then there were 4
4 little candle, watch and see
Danny went "wh" then there were 3
3 little candles, red, while & blue
Danny went "wh" then there were 2
2 little candles we're almost done
Danny went "wh" then there was 1
1 little candle, aren't birthdays fun?
Danny went 'wh" then there were none.


1, 2, 3, Go!
We are continuing our Farm theme!  We read the books Piggies in the Pumpkin Patch by Mary Peterson and Lazy Daisy Cranky Frankie by Marry Ellen Jordan.  To continue the fun at home, try visiting a local apple orchard to pick apples!

Rhyme: Apples
Apple one two three
Apple for you, apples for me,
Apples big, apple small,
Apple trees tiny, apple trees tall,
Apples sour, apples sweet,
Apples, apples are nice to eat.

Rhyme: Farmer Brown had Five Green Apples
Farmer Brown had five green apples,
Hanging on his tree,
Farmer Brown had five green apples,
Hanging on his tree,
And he plucked that apple,
And ate it hungrily,
Repeat until one,
Farmer Brown had one green apple,
And he gave it just to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!